Spring is finally here! And after a long winter in the Minneapolis and throughout the Midwest, we are ready for some warming. But each year as the ground gets warmer, many pests will make their appearances and this could mean a pest infestation inside your home. So while as you are making out that spring-cleaning list, make sure to add pest proofing to the list! Simple actions around the home can really make all the difference when it comes to preventing pests such as ants, rodents, cockroaches, termites, and other insects. From the team at Plunkett’s Pest Control, here are 8 spring-cleaning tips to help you control pests:
- Replace window screens that are broken or torn.
- De-clutter basements, attics, garages and other storage spaces where pests may hide.
- Deep clean the kitchen including in and around appliances like the fridge and stove.
- Trim back bushes and shrubs so they do not touch the side of the home and take a look at and address trees that overhang onto the roof.
- Seal off any cracks or holes along the foundation, windows or doors.
- Pick up twigs, sticks and any other sources of decaying wood from the property.
- Be sure firewood is stacked up off the ground and away from the exterior of the home.
- Remove sources of stagnant water on the property including repairs of leaky pipes and appliances or dripping A/C units.